Crucial Questions to Superior Sales
Boost Sales Results with these key questions
Skilled influencers know the value of talking less and listening more. It’s not enough however, just to listen to what the other person thinks they want. To help buyers identify what they really need, I recommend asking some version of these questions:
- I’ve found over the years of being in this business that there are some key questions that help me to give clients more satisfying long term results. Do you mind if I ask you some questions?
- When was the last time you were delighted with…? (the type of product or service under discussion)
- What did you like about it?
- What did you not like so much about it?
- Six months after having the product or service, where there any challenges or anything that in hindsight you would have liked to have happened differently?
- Let me make sure I’ve got this straight… (repeat your understanding of their needs and ask if it’s accurate).
- It sounds like… (paraphrase in a sentence or two your overall observation of their situation. Ensure you are in agreement).
- Would it be useful if I gave you my thoughts on what I think would be a good fit for your situation?
After asking these key questions and gaining agreement on the buyers situation, then you are in a position to describe your products or services as they relate to the buyer’s needs. That’s influence… with ease.
A closed mouth gathers no foot.
Was this helpful? For additional information on this topic: Influence and Persuasion Skills or subscribe to receive a new Business Building Tip every two weeks and stay up to date on all our upcoming events.
Jeff Mowatt is a customer service strategist, award-winning speaker, and bestselling author. To inquire about engaging Jeff for your team visit www.JeffMowatt.com